We are happy to offer you the following new features as part of our updated online banking and totally new mobile banking:
Mobile Banking App Icon
Mobile Deposit: For those of you using FMBND Mobile banking, making a deposit has never been easier. No trip to the bank, no dropping a check in the mail. Simply use your mobile device to take a picture of the front and back of a check and submit it to FMBND for deposit.
- Is there a limit to the amount I can deposit?
Yes, there is a daily limit amount of $3500.00. Call your local branch to discuss increased limit options.
- Will I receive verification of the deposit?
You will receive confirmation that your deposit has been submitted as soon as the picture has been taken. HOWEVER, it is extremely important to check back on the mobile deposit at a later time to make sure the deposit has not been rejected once our employees have reviewed it. The review process may take up to 2:30 on the day the deposit it made.
- What must I do before taking a picture of the check?
This is very important-you must write across the front of the check “Mobile Deposit”. On the back, you must either write the words “For Mobile Deposit Only” above your endorsement, or if provided, check the box indicating a mobile deposit. We will be strictly enforcing these requirements!
- What should I do with the check after I have mobile deposited it?
We recommend placing the check in a safe place for 10 days you have received credit for your deposit. Then you should destroy the check by shredding it.
- How late in the day can I send a deposit and still have it credited that day?
The cut off time for mobile deposits is 2:30pm each day. Mobile deposits made after that time will be credited the following business day.
- Do I receive an image of a deposit slip on my statement?
- No, there is no record given on your statement as to who you received the mobile deposited check/checks from. You may either develop a process to track that from home, or you may find that mobile deposit does not work the best for you.
- Are there any checks that aren’t eligible for mobile deposit?
- Yes, unfortunately there are some types of checks we cannot accept by mobile deposit. They are listed below:
a. Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you or in addition to you.
b. Checks or items containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn.
c. Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC.
d. Checks or items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
e. Checks or items not payable in United States currency.
f. Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposits.
g. Checks or items prohibited by FMBNDs current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your FMBND account.
h. US Savings Bonds.